Heritage Towne respects your privacy and has created this Privacy Statement to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy. This Privacy Statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website (www.heritagetowne.com) (hereinafter, the “Site”). Our Site does contain links to other websites which are not operated or controlled by Heritage Towne. These external links are provided as a convenience to you and other visitors to our Site.
The primary purpose of the Site is to provide information to you and other visitors regarding the goods and services we provide along with communicating our commitment to your complete satisfaction in the home building process.
Collected Information. Heritage Towne does not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you specifically provide such information, in which case we pledge to hold that information in confidence. Heritage Towne will not sell, share, or rent this information to others except as disclosed in this Privacy Statement. Heritage Towne collects information from visitors to the Site in the following areas:
- User-initiated requests for information. Visitors to our Site may submit questions or comments via e-mail. Heritage Towne will respond to user requests via e-mail unless visitors provide a name and telephone number, thereby enabling Heritage Towne to contact the requesting party via telephone. To better serve those who visit our Site, visitors have the option of providing their name, daytime phone number, evening phone number, and address.
- Customer care requests. Customers of Heritage Towne may also request warranty service via e-mail. Heritage Towne will respond to customer care requests via e-mail unless the customer provides a contact name, daytime telephone number, evening telephone number, and address, in which case the customer care department will contact the requesting party by e-mail or telephone.
- Statistical information collection. When you visit our Site, you and your web browser may transmit information that we automatically collect for marketing and improved customer service. We will log the internet address of your computer, the web pages you visit, the time of your visit, and its duration, the pages you visited, and the link (if any) that brought you to our Site. All of this information is provided by your browser and is used by Heritage Towne solely to improve the performance of our Site.
- Cookies. We may also place random data tags that identify each visitor to our Site as a distinct unnamed user. These cookies are placed in the browser file of your computer’s hard drive. By tracking where cookies show up on our site, we can determine what content people prefer and where to put things to make them easier to find. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive or provide us your e-mail address. Browsers are generally set up to automatically accept cookies; however, you can change your browser setting to prevent the acceptance of cookies. Certain web pages may not function properly if you choose not to accept cookies. This may affect the performance of other websites that you may link to from our Site.
- Use of your personal information. Heritage Towne uses your personal information to communicate with you and only if and when such communication is requested by you in connection with your use of our Site. Heritage Towne does not sell, rent, or share your personal information with any other person for any reason that is not directly related to Heritage Townes’ products or services. We may use your information to:
- Personalize your site experience.
- Answer questions or consider your comments.
- Possibly respond directly to you for clarification of submitted questions or comments.
- Effectively process your request for information or other materials.
- Site information may also be used to diagnose problems with our Site. All information we collect may be used to analyze statistical use patterns, demographic data (where visitors come from and what demographic characteristics they have), and to improve our Site to better serve our visitors. Your IP address may be used to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our Site. Any use of collected information about you or other users is used only in a way that does not identify you or any other user personally.
- Security. Heritage Towne is committed to your privacy and security and takes all appropriate steps to keep your personal information confidential. Heritage Towne has taken steps to limit access to the database, and put administrative procedures in place to attempt to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access or use of the information collected. Visitors should remember that no transmission of data over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, while Heritage Towne strives to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us or from us and users are specifically warned that they do so at their own risk.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement. As Heritage Towne continues to develop their Site and take advantage of technologies to better serve their clients, this Privacy Statement may change. Heritage Towne therefore encourages users of its Site to check this Privacy Statement periodically so that users understand the current privacy statement in effect before providing any information to Heritage Towne. Heritage Towne is happy to address specific concerns users may have.
- Consent to use of personal information. By using our Site, you consent to Heritage Towne collection and use of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement. Any changes to our Privacy Statement will be posted on our Site which users are encouraged to check periodically and before providing any personal information to Heritage Towne.